ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. You must review this agreement on a regular basis to keep yourself apprised of any changes. You can find the most recent version of the Terms at:
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item (“Item”) of Content that you post, email, or otherwise make available via the Service. You understand that Corido does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the Corido site and Content available through the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of Corido. Corido makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will Corido be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Service. You acknowledge that Corido does not pre-screen or approve Content, but that Corido shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service, for violating the letter or spirit of the Terms or for any other reason.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES
The Corido site and Content available through the Service may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third-party content that is completely independent of Corido, including web sites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
You agree that Corido shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Corido is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release Corido, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service.
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify Corido’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Agent”), at
Corido Marketplace Ltd
P.o Box 2127-00202
Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
- a) Identify the material on the Corido site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the website;
- b) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- c) A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (1) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (2) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- d) Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- e) Your physical or electronic signature.
Corido will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the Copyright Act Cap 130 of the Laws of Kenya
PRIVACY AND INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Content:
- a) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or is harmful to minors in any way;
- b) that is pornographic or depicts a human being engaged in actual sexual conduct including but not limited to (i) sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex, or (ii) bestiality, or (iii) masturbation, or (iv) sadistic or masochistic abuse, or (v) lascivious exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of any person;
- c) that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- d) that violates the Fair Housing Act by stating, in any notice or ad for the sale or rental of any dwelling, a discriminatory preference based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or handicap (or violates any state or local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of these or other characteristics);
- e) that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
- f) with respect to employers that employ four or more employees, that violates the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including requiring Kenyan citizenship or lawful permanent residency (green card status) as a condition for employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with the law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.
- g) that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Corido employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity (this provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.);
- h) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- i) that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, or constitutes “bait and switch”;
- j) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- k) that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement;
- l) that constitutes, facilitates, or contains any form of advertising, offers, or solicitation if: posted in areas of the Corido sites which are not designated for such purposes; or emailed to Corido users who have not indicated in writing that it is ok to contact them about other services, products or commercial interests.
- m) that includes links to commercial services or web sites, except as allowed in “services”;
- n) that advertises any illegal service or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by any applicable law. A partial list of prohibited items for sale and prohibited services offered is provided at the following web address for your convenience:
- o) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- p) that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of Content (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Service; or
- q) that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers, or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Service.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- r) contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, or make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose;
- s) “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- t) collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- u) use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service – unless expressly permitted by Corido;
- v) post-non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- w) post the same item or service in more than one classified category or in more than one metropolitan area;
- x) attempt to gain unauthorized access to Corido’s computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the Corido website; or
- y) use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of postings on Corido without each posting being manually entered by the author thereof (an “automated posting device”), including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit postings in bulk, or for automatic submission of postings at regular intervals, unless otherwise approved in writing by Corido; or
- z) use any form of automated device or computer program (“flagging tool”) that enables the use of Corido ‘s “flagging system” or other community moderation systems without each flag being manually entered by the person that initiates the flag (an “automated flagging device”), or use the flagging tool to remove posts of competitors, or to remove posts without a good faith belief that the post being flagged violates these Terms.
A “Posting Agent” is a third-party agent, service, or intermediary that offers to post Content to the Service on behalf of others. To moderate demands on Corido’s resources, you may not use a Posting Agent to post Content to the Service without express permission or license from Corido. Correspondingly, Posting Agents are not permitted to post Content on behalf of others, to cause Content to be so posted or otherwise access the Service to facilitate posting Content on behalf of others, except with express permission or license from Corido.
NO SPAM POLICY
Any unauthorized use of Corido computer systems for sending unsolicited email advertisements to Corido email addresses or through Corido computer systems is expressly prohibited by these Terms and is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Misuse and Cybercrimes Act (No. 5 of 2018). Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
We may charge a fee to post Content in some areas of the Service. The fee is an access fee permitting Content to be posted in a designated area. Each party posting Content to the Service is responsible for said Content and compliance with the Terms. All fees paid will be non-refundable in the event that Content is removed from the Service for violating the Terms.
LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE
You acknowledge that Corido may establish limits concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. You agree that Corido has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that Corido reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice and that Corido shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
ACCESS TO THE SERVICE
Corido grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to access the Service for your own personal use. This license does not include (a) access to the Service by Posting Agents; or (b) any collection, aggregation, copying, duplication, display, or derivative use of the Service nor any use of data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools for any purpose unless expressly permitted by Corido. A limited exception to (b) is provided to internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Service, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent and comply with our robots.txt file.
Corido offers various parts of the Service in RSS format so that users can embed individual feeds into a website, or view postings through third party software news aggregators. Corido permits you to display, an excerpt from, and link to the RSS feeds on your website, provided that (a) each title is correctly linked back to the original post on the Service and redirects the user to the post when the user clicks on it, (b) you provide, adjacent to the RSS feed, proper attribution to ‘Corido Marketplace Ltd’ as the source, (c) your use or display does not suggest that Corido promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, and (d) your use does not overburden Corido’s systems. Corido reserves all rights to the content of the RSS feeds and may terminate any RSS feed at any time.
Use of the Service beyond the scope of authorized access granted to you by Corido immediately terminates said permission or license.
TERMINATION OF SERVICE
You agree that Corido, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if Corido believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms. Further, you agree that Corido shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination. Sections 2, 4, 6, and 10-19 shall survive termination of the Terms.
The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. The content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the site or the collective work, and/or copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express wrote consent of Corido. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service without the express written consent of Corido, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service.
Although Corido does not claim ownership of content that its users’ post, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Corido an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant Corido all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Service by any party for any purpose.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE CORIDO SITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CORIDO SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CORIDO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE CORIDO SITE AND THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CORIDO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE CORIDO SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CORIDO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CORIDO BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF CORIDO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE CORIDO SITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CORIDO SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE CORIDO SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE
ADMINISTRATORS/MODERATORS MAKE NO PROMISES OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE GOODS OR
SERVICES OFFERED OR RECOMMENDED HERE.
BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO HOLD NEITHER THE
ADMINISTRATORS NOR MODERATORS RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CIRCUMSTANCES RESULTING
FROM AN ON-LINE EXCHANGE OR COMMUNICATION.
PLEASE USE YOUR COMMON SENSE BEFORE PURCHASING
ANYTHING OR HIRING ANYONE BASED ON WHAT YOU READ HERE. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO ASK
QUESTIONS, EXAMINE ITEMS CAREFULLY, AND ASK FOR AND INVESTIGATE REFERENCES
BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE, HIRE, OR SERVICE PROVIDER.
PLEASE TAKE REASONABLE MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR
SAFETY AND PRIVACY WHEN POSTING TO THE SITE OR PARTICIPATING IN AN
TREAT OTHER MEMBERS WITH COURTESY AND
TRANSACTIONS ARE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL PERSONS,
GROUPS, ORGANIZATIONS OR BUSINESS ENTITIES AND WILL NOT BE MEDIATED OR
ARBITRATED BY ADMINISTRATORS, MODERATORS, OR REPRESENTATIVES.
THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS POSTED HERE ARE FROM
INDIVIDUALS AND MAY NOT BE THE OPINION OR VIEW OF THE ADMINISTRATORS. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Corido, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the Terms, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Corido and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Corido. The Terms and the relationship between you and Corido shall be governed by the laws of the State of the Republic of Kenya without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Corido agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Nairobi, Kenya. The failure of Corido to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
VIOLATION OF TERMS AND LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
Please report any violations of the Terms by flagging the posting(s) for review, or by contacting us.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if it becomes necessary for Corido to pursue legal action to enforce these Terms, you will be liable to pay Corido the following amounts as liquidated damages, which you accept as reasonable estimates of Corido’s damages for the specified breaches of these Terms:
- If you post a listing and/or a message that (1) impersonates any person or entity; (2) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (3) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent, you agree to pay Corido one hundred thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.100,000) for each such message. This provision does not apply to Content that constitutes lawful non-deceptive parody of public figures.
- If Corido establishes limits on the frequency with which you may access the Service or terminates your access to or use of the Service, you agree to pay Corido ten thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.10,000) for each listing and/or message posted in excess of such limits or for each day on which you access Corido in excess of such limits, whichever is higher.
- If you send unsolicited email advertisements to Corido email addresses or through Corido computer systems, you agree to pay Corido five thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.5,000) for each such email.
- If you post Content in violation of the Terms, other than as described above, you agree to pay Corido ten thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.10,000) for each Item of Content posted. In its sole discretion, Corido may elect to issue a warning before assessing damages.
- If you are a Posting Agent that uses the Service in violation of the Terms, in addition to any liquidated damages under clause (d), you agree to pay Corido ten thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.10,000) for each and every Item you post in violation of the Terms. A Posting Agent will also be deemed an agent of the party engaging the Posting Agent to access the Service (the “Principal”), and the Principal (by engaging the Posting Agent in violation of the Terms) agrees to pay Corido an additional ten thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.10,000) for each Item posted by the Posting Agent on behalf of the Principal in violation of the Terms.
- If you aggregate, display, copy, duplicate, reproduce or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content (except for your own Content) in violation of these Terms without Corido’s express written permission, you agree to pay Corido three hundred thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.300,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct.
- If you collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes, and/or if you make unsolicited contact with anyone for any commercial purpose in violation of these Terms without Corido’s express written permission, you agree to pay Corido three hundred thousand Kenya shillings (Ksh.300,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct.
Otherwise, you agree to pay Corido’s actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, Corido retains the right to seek the remedy of specific performance of any term contained in these Terms, or a preliminary or permanent injunction against the breach of any such term or in aid of the exercise of any power granted in these Terms, or any combination thereof.