Buying a new washing machine in Kenya can be overwhelming, but the correct information will make the decision process much more manageable. Decide whether you want to buy new or used first, then decide what type of machine best suits your needs. Get straight answers from this blog post about all of our most frequently asked questions about purchasing a laundry machine in Kenya!
You could be spending up to 3 years with this appliance, so do your research before jumping into the market!
6 Items to consider when buying a washing machine in Kenya
- DDetermine the type of washer that would work best for you with regards to efficiency, capacity and family size. Front loaders are typically better suited for smaller households with less clothing. In contrast, top-loading machines might be ideal if multiple loads go at once or huge piles accumulate from small ones. You also want to consider things like water usage, which can vary depending on different brands. Still, I recommend using an eco-friendly detergent made out of plant-derived ingredients instead -it saves money, too, since it doesn’t use so much soap during each wash cycle.
- Consider energy efficiency, water usage, and noise level. The most important factors are energy efficiency, water usage, and noise level when choosing a washing machine. A washing machine’s impact on the environment is determined by its power consumption, which varies from 5-20kWh per cycle. This doesn’t sound like much at first glance, but it can add up over time! For example, if we assume an average of 15 kWh consumed for each load, this would equate to 180-kilowatt hours annually – enough money saved in one year (at current rates) with just two loads washed every week!
- Compare prices in-store or online before making a purchase decision. Washing machines are a major investment, but it doesn’t have to be expensive. How can you save money on such a necessary purchase? Consider buying a new or used washing machine online at our site rather than in-store because the prices will generally be lower by up to 50%. In addition, look for deals first before looking elsewhere if there is one available near your home.
- Decide if you want a top-loading or front-loading machine. Do you want to wash your clothes at the bottom or on top of the machine? It all boils down to what features matter most for your particular needs! Front-loading washing machines use less water and energy than most traditional washers, but they are often more expensive. Top loaders also save money in utility bills because there is no spinning involved that requires extra electricity from a dryer’s heat source when drying one article of clothing versus many articles with simultaneous spin cycles.
- Compare prices against the features to find the best value for your needs. Sometimes shopping for appliances can be a little overwhelming, but it’s worth taking the time to do your research. A washing machine is an appliance that you use all of the time, so picking one out should not be taken lightly! You’ll want to find something with features tailored towards what you need (i.e., if you have a big family or lots of laundries) as well as price points to get good value for money spent on this essential item.
- Look at reviews from other customers to see what they think about the product before buying it. Educate yourself through research and reviews from other customers who have purchased such products for more information on the quality and durability of the model you’re interested in purchasing. Don’t buy an extended warranty unless there’s something about your home that requires one (elevated risk of flooding/earthquake). Besides, many local companies don’t offer extended warranties for appliances. The most common time given for a warranty is a year.
In conclusion, many laundry machines are on the market, but not all of them will work for your needs. Let’s take a look at what you need to consider before making a purchase decision. First, determine how often you do laundry and the size of your family.
Secondly, let’s talk about energy efficiency, water usage, and noise level; these three things can play an essential role in determining which machine is suitable for you. When you narrow down your options, it’s time to compare prices in-store or online before making a purchase decision! If this sounds like too much work, contact us – we would be happy to help with that part if you want some company while shopping around 🙂
FAQs on Washing Machines
- What are the most common washing machine models in Kenya?
The top-loaders and front-loaders are the most common washing machines in Kenya.
Try Corido Marketplace – Kenya’s Trusted Secondhand platform.
If you want to save money but still get quality products, try buying a used or secondhand appliance. You can find these appliances from our reputable site corido.co.ke, where sellers advertise their goods for sale. Purchasing one of these items is not only eco-friendly since they are already in use before purchase, but it’s also way cheaper than buying new ones at full price!
For more information about how we buy and sell secondhand furniture, visit our website today or call us on 0794858010 for help with your next big purchase decision!